Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Out Sick

I made it almost until lunch yesterday before taking the rest of the day off.  Until I began working in an elementary school I took for granted my quality of health.  Your immune system is not inately set up to battle the germs of hundreds of sick children.  I used to feel like everytime a child sneezed on me I was going to come down with the flu, and most of the time I did.  This year I have been pretty successful at avoiding it; washing my hands every hour, germ gel, drinking lots of water, maximizing my vitamin c, etc.  Yesterday that all came crashing down - I spent the afternoon under the covers, not exactly how I pictured the week starting off.  Despite this set back, I am back at work today (half-speed ahead) and making the most of it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment